Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Book review for, "Bridge of Gold," by Kimberley Woodhouse

 




Happy release day of Bridge of Gold!! 


About the book:

Repairs on the Golden Gate Bridge Uncover a Century-Old Murder

 

Walk through Doors to the Past via a new series of historical stories of romance and adventure.

 

Underwater archaeologist Kayla Richardson is called to the Golden Gate Bridge where repairs to one of the towers uncovers two human remains from the late 1800s and the 1930s. The head of the bridge restoration is Steven Michaels, who dives with Kayla, and a friendship develops between them. But as the investigation heats up and gold is found that dates back to the gold rush, more complications come into play that threaten them both. Could clues leading to a Gold Rush era mystery that was first discovered during the building of the bridge still ignite an obsession worth killing for?


My thoughts: 5/5


 I love time split novels. So a time split novel by one of my favorite authors? Count me in!!

I fell in love on the first page. There were characters I instantly connected with, an epic story all about an interesting period in history.

 I love that Kimberley Woodhouse is such a history buff. Her passion for the subject adds such a rich element to every story she tells. As a fellow history lover, I've learned so many fascinating things!

 I never wanted to put the book down honestly. I finished it in two sittings. The story was fast paced, intriguing, and had me turning pages long into the night.

 Kayla and Steven's love story was the sweet, comforting type. And it was such a healthy relationship! It was honestly super refreshing.

 But it was the mystery and the suspense that had my heart. It was so good! It had me devouring every word.

I encourage anyone looking for, Historical, Christian, romance, mystery to go check out Bridge of Gold! 100% clean. 


Please check out the books Launch page where you can find purchase links as well as the authors social media links.


 As always, thank you so much for taking the time to read this review! I hope you do something today that makes you happy. 

Love, Rebekah. 


**I was given a free copy of this book by the publisher. All thoughts and opinions expressed are completely my own. I was in no way obligated to leave a positive review.**

3 comments:

  1. Excellent review about this beautiful novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I love when you know you can trust the historical research in a novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo, great review, girl! This one looks good :)

    ReplyDelete

You like what I thrifted?

I've gone thrifting a few times this month so here's some of my favorite finds from each trip!                                      ...