Tuesday, July 30, 2019

What I learned from Weddings, Willows and Revised Expectations, by V. Joy Palmer



I recently read and reviewed Weddings, Willows and Revised Expectations, by V. Joy Palmer.
  This book did so much for me and my walk with Jesus Christ.

Here's a quick run through of what the book was about:

The main character, Apryl, has had a really tough time in her life.
She lost her parents way too soon, has delt with being bullied, but not quite in the traditional sense of the word.

 Things added up and Apryl struggled to believe she had worth.

Chance, the male protagonist, would just not accept the lies Apryl told herself.
So he fought them. He did battle.
He even ended up screaming her worth at her. Which in his and God's eyes was immeasurable

I thought, "I want a guy who cares enough to try so hard to make me believe my worth."

 I don't know if I believe in such guys aside from book characters.

So I continued reading, but it was late. Or early I should say, nearly 2 AM.

I put my book down and grabbed my Bible. I opened to a random page.
The random page being Isaiah chapter 64.
I started reading from verse 5.

 The verses were telling me we've all sinned. We've all fallen short. That technically, none of us have ever been good enough.

And then I read verse 8.

  "But now, O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our Potter; and we all are the work of Your hand."

I paused in my reading and just stared at the page with my mouth open.

I'd been so caught up in wishing for my own hero like the one in the story, I forgot my TRUE Hero-- Jesus.

He's always been fighting for me to believe my worth.
He's the one shouting my value at me. And to Him it's immeasurable.

The same God who is shouting my worth at me is shouting worth over you too!

I didn't randomly open my Bible to that page. No, God orchestrated it long before I was even born.

I was always meant to find this peace at 2 AM that night.

It's time to start focusing on the real Hero.

The Potter's hands crafted you and me perfectly imperfect and intentionally.

We're not just randomly stuck on this earth.

The Potter has a plan.

Believe Him when He shouts your worth at you.

-Rebekah.

P.S
When you look in the mirror I hope you see the beautiful and loved person you are. Because I see it. And most importantly, God sees it.

Your worth is not in man, but rather the Man who lovingly gave Himself for you. Measure your worth by the One who's made it immeasurable.


1 comment:

You like what I thrifted?

I've gone thrifting a few times this month so here's some of my favorite finds from each trip!                                      ...